Emotional intelligence is the ability to understand one's own emotions, as well as the emotions of others. Emotional intelligence (or "EI") is used on a daily basis to comprehend and label different emotions appropriately, and to behave in ways that reflect the emotions of themselves and the people around them. It is extremely important in the development of children; they must understand emotional responses and behavior around them to not only comprehend the situations they are within, but to fully develop as well-rounded adults.
In this audiobook, EI will be explained in greater detail through the use of examples and current beliefs on emotional knowledge. The importance of emotional understanding in children will be stressed, and several helpful ways to monitor your child's EI capacity, help them understand emotions, and foster a positive emotional environment will be discussed. While the question remains if emotional intelligence can be taught or if it is an innate understanding, this audiobook will look at several different strategies to better understand emotions all around. Ultimately the goal is for you, dear listener, to better understand not only how to process emotional responses, but how to determine and develop that ability for your children as well.
The chapters are:
- Benefits of understanding intelligence in children's development
- Can EI be taught?
- Learning to trust your own emotions
- How to measure your child's emotions
- Raising children who understand EI
- Developing emotional knowledge in your children
- Helping your children cope with emotions
- Importance of interpersonal communication with EI
- How to improve your child's emotional intelligence
- EI is....