Audible Limited and its affiliates (“Audible”) are pleased to offer a service that permits users to discover, purchase, receive and play digital spoken word audio entertainment (“Audible Content”) through Audible’s websites, including audible.co.uk, and its applications for mobile devices (collectively, the “Audible Service”). If you use the Audible Service, you accept these conditions of use (“Conditions of Use”). Please read them carefully. In addition to the Conditions of Use, you will also be subject to (1) the Audible Purchase Terms & Conditions, which govern any purchase you make through the Audible Service, (2) the Audible Plan Terms, which govern your enrollment in any Audible membership plan, and (3) any other policies, guidelines, terms and agreements posted on, or otherwise made available to you through, the Audible Service (collectively, the “Terms”). If these Conditions of Use contradict such Terms, the Terms will control.
Please review our Privacy Notice, which also governs your visit to Audible.co.uk, to understand our practices.
When you use the Audible Service, or send e-mails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on or through the Audible Service. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
All content included in or made available through the Audible Service, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations and Audible Content, is the property of Audible or its content suppliers and protected by United Kingdom and international copyright laws. The compilation of all content accessible through the Audible Service is the exclusive property of Audible and protected by United Kingdom and international copyright and database right laws.
Audible, audible.com, audible.co.uk, AudibleListener, AudibleManager, AudibleReady, Audible Studios and other graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names included in or made available through the Audible Service are trademarks or registered trademarks of Audible in the European Union and other jurisdictions. Audible's trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not Audible's, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits Audible. You may not use any Audible logo or other proprietary graphic or trademark as part of a hyperlink without express written permission from Audible. All other trademarks not owned by Audible that appear in the Audible Service are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by Audible.
One or more patents owned by Audible apply to this Site and to the features and services accessible via the Site. Portions of this Site operate under license of one or more patents. Click here to see a non-exhaustive list of applicable Audible patents and applicable licensed patents.
Subject to your compliance with these Conditions of Use and your payment of any applicable fees, Audible or its content providers grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable license to access and make personal and non-commercial use of the Audible Service. Additional license terms may be found in the Terms. This license does not include any resale or commercial use of the Audible Service or its contents; any collection and use of any product listings, descriptions, or prices; any derivative use of the Audible Service or its contents; any downloading or copying of account information for the benefit of another merchant; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
All rights not expressly granted to you in these Conditions of Use or any applicable Terms are reserved and retained by Audible or its licensors, suppliers, publishers, rightsholders, or other content providers. Neither the Audible Service nor any part of it may be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without express written consent of Audible. You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of Audible without express written consent. You may not use any meta tags or any other "hidden text" utilizing Audible's name or trademarks without the express written consent of Audible. You are granted a limited, revocable, and nonexclusive right to create a hyperlink to the home page of audible.co.uk so long as the link does not portray Audible, or its products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive matter. You may not use any Audible logo or other proprietary graphic or trademark as part of the link without express written permission.
You may not misuse the Audible Service. You may use the Audible Service only as permitted by law. The licenses granted by Audible terminate if you do not comply with these Conditions of Use or any applicable Terms.
As a registered user of the Audible Service, you may receive or establish one or more passwords and accounts ("Audible Account"). If you open a new Audible Account and you have an account with Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk using the same email address, your account information from your Amazon account will be used to establish your account at Audible and all forms of payment on file with your Amazon account will be linked to your Audible Account. If you register a Kindle tablet device and do not already have an Audible Account, you will automatically be assigned an Audible Account using your Amazon credentials. If you use the Audible Service, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Audible Account(s) and for restricting access to your computer(s) or device(s), and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under any of your Audible Accounts. Audible does sell products for children, but it sells them to adults, who can purchase with a credit card or other permitted payment method. If you are under 18, you may use the Audible Service only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. Audible reserves the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders in its sole discretion.
We may permit visitors to post reviews, comments, photos, and other content; send messages and other communications; and submit suggestions, ideas, comments, questions, or other information. You agree that any content you contribute and any communications you send using means we provide will not be illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable and does not consist of or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of "spam." You may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of a message or other content. We reserve the right (but not the obligation) to remove or edit such content, but we do not regularly review posted content.
If you do post content or submit any material to us, and unless we indicate otherwise, you grant us a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such content throughout the world in any media. You grant Audible and its sublicensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such content, if they choose. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content that you post; that the content is accurate; that use of the content you supply does not violate this policy and will not cause injury to any person or entity; and that you will indemnify Audible for all claims resulting from content you supply. We reserve the right (but not the obligation) to monitor and edit or remove any activity or content. Audible takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted by you or any third party.
Audible respects the intellectual property of others. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please follow our Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement.
Audible attempts to be as accurate as possible. However, Audible does not warrant that product descriptions or content available through the Audible Service is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free.
In addition to these Conditions of Use, the terms found here apply to any software (including any updates or upgrades to the software and any related documentation) that we make available to you from time to time for your use in connection with the Audible Service (the "Audible Software").
We may offer content from parties other than Audible and may permit parties other than Audible to provide services or sell products through the Audible Service. We may also provide links through the Audible Service to the websites of affiliated companies and certain other businesses. We are a distributor, not a publisher, of any materials we offer from third parties and are not responsible for examining or evaluating, and we do not warrant the offerings of, any of these businesses or individuals, the content we obtain from them or the content of their websites. Audible does not assume any responsibility or liability for the actions, product, and content of any third parties. You should carefully review their privacy statements and other conditions of use.
We may make Audible Content available to you from time to time through the Audible Service for which a purchase is not required. You will have access to this content only for so long as we make it available generally or, where it is provided as a benefit of a membership plan, for so long as you remain an active member of your plan in good standing. We may also remove this Audible Content from your account, devices and applications or otherwise restrict your ability to access it.
We reserve the right to remove or disable access to any Audible Content or any other materials posted to or otherwise displayed through the Audible Service, including any Audible Content that violates or otherwise allegedly infringes on the copyright or other intellectual property, proprietary, or other rights of any person, company or other entity. We may add or remove purchasable, promotional and membership Audible Content from our catalogue, membership plans and the Audible Service at any time and make no guarantee as to the availability of specific Audible Content in any membership plan or as to any minimum amount of Audible Content in any membership plan. Some Audible Content may be offered in limited territories, and we may use geofiltering technology to restrict access outside of those territories. We will not be liable for the removal of or disabling of access to any Audible Content or materials.
Your right to use the Audible Service will automatically terminate if you violate these Conditions of Use or any other Terms. In case of such termination, we may terminate your access to the Audible Service without notice and you will not receive a full or partial refund of any fees already paid. Our failure to insist upon or enforce your strict compliance with the Conditions of Use or any other Terms will not constitute a waiver of any of our rights.
Our business may change over time and we reserve the right to modify the Audible Service. We also reserve the right to suspend or discontinue the Audible Service or your use of the Audible Service, in whole or in part, at any time with or without notice and without liability to you. In the event that we exercise such right, you may be entitled to a full or partial refund, in our sole discretion, if you are a member of an Audible Plan (as defined in the Audible Plan Terms) or with respect to any purchase you've made.
Audible will be responsible for any losses you suffer as a result of us breaching these conditions if the losses were reasonably foreseeable to both you and us when you commenced using the Audible Service, or a contract for the sale of goods by us to you was formed. We will not be responsible for any business loss (including loss of profits, revenue, contracts, anticipated savings, data, goodwill or wasted expenditure) or any other indirect or consequential loss that is not reasonably foreseeable to both you and us when you commenced using the Audible Service or when a contract for the sale of goods by us to you was formed. Audible does not limit in any way our liability by law for death or personal injury caused from our negligence or breach of duty or caused by our gross negligence or wilful misconduct.
By using the Audible Service, you agree that these conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales, and the application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is expressly excluded. You agree, as we do, to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. The European Commission provides for an online dispute resolution platform, which you can access here : http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/. If you would like to bring a matter to our attention, please contact us.
Please review our Terms. We reserve the right to make changes to the Audible Service, these Conditions of Use and any Terms at any time. Your continued use of the Audible Service following any changes will indicate your acceptance of such changes. If you do not agree to a change, you must immediately stop using the Audible Service. If any Terms or these Conditions of Use are deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that condition or term shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining condition or term.
Because Audible lists thousands of products for sale on the Audible Service and hosts many thousands of comments, it is not possible for us to be aware of the contents of each product listed for sale, or each comment or review that is displayed. Accordingly, Audible operates on a "notice and takedown" basis. If you believe that any content on, or advertised for sale on, the Audible Service contains a defamatory statement, please notify us immediately by following our Notice and Procedure for Notifying of Defamatory Content. Once this procedure has been followed, Audible will make all reasonable endeavours to remove the defamatory content complained about within a reasonable time.
Any user may purchase Audible Content on an "A La Carte" basis. Audible members also may purchase content using membership credits in accordance with the terms set forth in the Audible Plan Terms. By making a purchase through the Audible Service you agree to be bound by these Audible Purchase Terms and Conditions.
Gift Audiobooks, Gift Certificates, Gift Memberships, Promotional Claim Codes and Vouchers (collectively “Gift Items”) are subject to the following Terms and Conditions. By purchasing or redeeming any Gift Item, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions in addition to the Audible Conditions of Use.
1. Term and Uses. Audiobooks purchased as gifts ("Gift Audiobooks") will be presented to the recipient in the form of a claim code redeemable for the Gift Audiobook. Gift Audiobooks must be redeemed at Audible.co.uk ("Audible.co.uk" or the "Site") and may be used only for the audiobook given. Claim codes for Gift Audiobooks do not expire and are not subject to any dormancy fee or other fees for non-use. Promotional Credits, including Credits issued in connection with any trial memberships, may not be used to purchase Gift Audiobooks. Gift Audiobooks may not be redeemed by the same Audible account from which they were purchased. If the recipient has the Gift Audiobook in his or her My Library or the Gift Audiobook is not available in the recipient's country, at the time the recipient redeems the claim code for a Gift Audiobook, the recipient will receive either a credit or a coupon in the amount the purchase price of the Gift Audiobook, depending on whether the Gift Audiobook was purchased by redeeming a credit or with cash. Such credits and coupons are good towards the purchase of an audiobook on Audible.co.uk only and may not be used to purchase Gift Audiobooks. Credits or coupons given to the recipient in exchange for the claim code for a Gift Audiobook do not expire and are subject to the Audible Purchase Terms and Conditions. Recipients must have or open an Audible account to redeem a claim code for a Gift Audiobook. Audible may, in its discretion, advise the purchaser when the claim code for a Gift Audiobook has been redeemed by the recipient in the purchaser's "Account Details" section on the Site. The sales tax ultimately charged will be calculated when the purchaser's charge is authorized and will reflect any applicable state and local taxes.
1. Term and Uses. Promotional claim codes ("Claim Codes") are for promotional use only and are void where prohibited by law. Claim Codes must be redeemed at audible.co.uk and are only redeemable for audiobooks or audiobook credits. Claim Codes expire as indicated on the terms transmitted with the Claim Code. If redeemed for an audiobook credit, the credit may expire after a certain period of time, as indicated on the terms transmitted with the Claim Code. Claim Codes may be subject to additional terms and condition presented with the Claim Code. Claim Codes recipients must have or open an Audible account to redeem Claim Codes. To view the status of a Claim Code, Claim Code holders should visit the "Account Details" section of their Audible account on the Site.
1. Terms and Uses. From time to time, Audible may, in its sole discretion, give rewards dollars in the form of coupons to existing Audible account holders ("Coupons"). Coupons may only be redeemed at audible.co.uk and are redeemable for Audible content only. Audible will deposit a Coupon directly into the account holder's account and will send the recipient an email stating that the Coupon is available. When the recipient makes a purchase on the Site without using membership or other credits, Coupons will be the first pound sterling amount used towards the purchase amount. The full amount of any purchase, excluding taxes, will be deducted from the Coupon amount, up to the total funds available. If a purchase made with a Coupon exceeds the amount of the Coupon, the balance will be automatically charged to the credit card Audible has on file for the account holder. Coupons expire as indicated on the terms transmitted in the notification e-mail. The value of a Coupon will be determined by Audible in its sole discretion.
1. Risk of Loss. The risk of loss and title for claim codes for Gift Audiobooks, Gift Memberships and Coupons pass to the purchaser upon Audible's electronic transmission to the purchaser, recipient or delivery to the carrier, whichever is applicable. Audible is not responsible if a claim code for an Audible Gift Audiobook, Gift Membership or Coupon is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without your permission.
2. Fraud; Abuse. Audible may suspend or close customer accounts, revoke or terminate Gift Items, or limit or suspend the ability of customers to purchase or redeem Gift Items in its sole discretion in order to avoid fraud or abuse.
3. Resale. Resale of a Gift Item or use for unauthorized advertising, marketing, sweepstakes or other promotional purposes is strictly prohibited.
4. Limitation on Liability. AUDIBLE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO GIFT AUDIOBOOKS, GIFT MEMBERSHIPS, AND COUPONS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN THE EVENT A GIFT AUDIOBOOK, GIFT MEMBERSHIP OR COUPON IS NON-FUNCTIONAL, YOUR SOLE REMEDY, AND OUR SOLE LIABILITY, SHALL BE THE REPLACEMENT OF SUCH GIFT AUDIOBOOK, GIFT MEMBERSHIP OR COUPON.
5. Disputes. Any dispute relating in any way to Audible Gift Audiobooks, Gift Memberships or Coupons in which the aggregate total claim for relief sought on behalf of one or more parties exceeds £7,500 shall be adjudicated in any court in London, England, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of such courts.
Audible offers various membership plans ("Audible Plans") for using and paying for the Audible Service. Audible Plans are subject to the terms below and those disclosed through the Audible Service. Membership in an Audible Plan is nontransferable.
Consistent with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988, if you believe that your copyrighted materials have been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide Audible's designated agent the written information specified below. Please note that this procedure is exclusively for notifying Audible that your copyrighted material has been infringed.
Audible's designated agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement on the Audible Service can be reached as follows:
Audible, Inc. Legal Department
One Washington Park, 16th Floor
Newark, NJ 07102 USA
phone: (973) 820-0686
NOTE: THE ABOVE CONTACT INFORMATION IS PROVIDED EXCLUSIVELY FOR NOTIFYING AUDIBLE THAT YOUR COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL MAY HAVE BEEN INFRINGED. ALL OTHER INQUIRIES, (E.G., REQUESTS FOR TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE OR CUSTOMER SERVICE, REPORTS OF EMAIL ABUSE, AND PIRACY REPORTS), WILL NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE THROUGH THIS PROCESS AND SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO OUR CUSTOMER CARE GROUP VIA EMAIL TO firstname.lastname@example.org OR BY PHONE TO 0800 496 2455 or +44(0)203 356 6218.
If you believe that any content on, or advertised for sale on, the Site contains a defamatory statement, please notify us immediately by copying the Notice to Audible of Defamatory Content below into your word processor program, complete it in accordance with the instructions set out in the Notice and send a printed signed copy to: Defamation Notices, Audible, Inc., Legal Department, 1 Washington Park, 16th Floor, Newark, NJ 07102, USA. Please note that this procedure is exclusively for notifying Audible of Defamatory content on or advertised for sale on the audible.co.uk Site. Please provide your address, telephone number, and e-mail address when sending the notice to us.
Important Warning: giving false, misleading or inaccurate information in the Notice to Audible of Defamatory Content may result in civil and criminal liability.
Notice to Audible of Defamatory Content in the matter of www.audible.co.uk
I, [please set out your full name] of [please give your postal address], [please state your occupation], say as follows:
Statement of Truth
I declare the facts stated above to be true.
Terms and Conditions: Audible’s “Great Listen Guarantee” is a beta program available to certain members in good standing. A member who is not fully satisfied with his or her listening experience may return such book for a full refund within 365 days of purchase. Free books are not eligible for this program. Books purchased with credits will be refunded with credits. Books purchased with money will be refunded with money. Books purchased using a combination of money and a coupon or promotional code will be refunded with money and a reactivation of the coupon or promotional code used. Audible reserves the right in its sole discretion to limit the number of refunds allowed by each member, including, but not limited to, in cases where Audible suspects abuse of the program. Audible may change these terms and conditions or may cancel the program with respect to any or all participants at any time. Void where prohibited.