The laparoscopic adjustable gastric band, or Lap-Band, can be the weight loss tool you need to overcome obesity - but only if you use it right. The Big Book on the Lap-Band: Everything You Need to Lose Weight and Live Well with the Adjustable Gastric Band! is your complete manual, from considering surgery until maintaining your goal weight - and everything in between.
Authoritative and reassuring throughout, the book guides beginners through weighing the pros and cons of the lap-band, choosing a surgeon, getting insurance reimbursement or paying out of pocket for surgery, recovering safely from surgery to promote better weight loss later, and all about band fills. The lap-band diet is the key to weight loss, and the book contains helpful hints, food lists, and menus for each stage of the lap-band journey. The book also addresses sensitive issues such as whether and how much to talk about your surgery and when to consider cosmetic surgery after losing weight.
The Big Book on the Lap-Band has these unique features:
- Written by a weight-loss surgery advocate who lost and kept off 100 pounds with the lap-band
- Cowritten by a nutritionist and weight-loss specialist, with detailed information on the lap-band diet
- Real-life lap-band patients share their stories about how they made the gastric band work for them
- Interactive worksheets to assess your own readiness for and progress with the lap-band
- Science-based, understandable explanations of all aspects of the lap-band and life with it
Don't let your weight be derailed by lack of knowledge or because of misinformation that you find online. Instead get the comprehensive information you need from this single credible source.