You can master the art of tough conversations. This book shows you how.
Have you ever dreaded holding a tough but necessary conversation with an employee, coworker, or boss? Do you put off such conversations far too long? Have you ever launched into a difficult conversation unprepared, only to have the interaction spiral out of control?
Most leaders answer yes to at least one, if not all, of these questions. Taking Conversations from Difficult to Doable can help you bite the bullet and say what needs saying. Lynne Cunningham, MPA, explains why we shy away from these critical conversations and provides the tools and tactics to navigate them confidently and effectively.
Here is just a sampling of the book's insights:
- What happens when we ignore situations that call for a difficult conversation
- How to structure and execute a conversation with a peer, direct report, boss, or physician
- How to implement each of the three powerful conversation models detailed in the book so that the outcome is a win-win
- Why creating formal Standards of Behavior at your organization, and making them integral to your culture, provides a solid foundation for difficult conversations
- How to respond when a person's behavior doesn't change after a difficult conversation
Unlike most books on this subject, Taking Conversations from Difficult to Doable is short, to the point, and easy to understand. It's perfect for today's busy leaders. Best of all, it helps you master the right skills quickly and once you've done this, you'll find all your conversations become easier, less stressful, and more successful.