Listen free for 30 days
Short Stories in German for Intermediate Learners
- Read for Pleasure at Your Level, Expand Your Vocabulary and Learn German the Fun Way! (Foreign Language Graded Reader Series)
- Narrated by: Alexander Devrient
- Length: 6 hrs and 36 mins
Add to basket failed.
Add to wishlist failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Adding to library failed
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Buy Now for £7.99
An unmissable collection of eight unconventional and captivating short stories for young adult and adult intermediate learners of German.
Short Stories in German for Intermediate Learners has been written specifically for students from a low-intermediate to intermediate level, designed to give a sense of achievement, and, most importantly - enjoyment! Mapped to B1-B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference, these eight captivating stories will both entertain you, and give you a feeling of progress when listening.
What does this book give you?
- Eight stories in a variety of exciting genres, from science fiction and crime to history and thriller - making learning fun, while you learn a wide range of new vocabulary
- Controlled language at your level to help you progress confidently
- Realistic spoken dialogues to help you learn conversational expressions and improve your speaking ability
- Beautiful illustrations accompanying each story, to set the scene and support your understanding
- Accessible grammar so you learn new structures naturally, in a stress-free way
- Pleasure! Research shows that if you're enjoying learning in a foreign language, you won't experience the usual feelings of frustration - 'It's too hard!' 'I don't understand!'
With intriguing plots that will spark your imagination and keep you listening, Short Stories in German will take your grasp of German to the next level with key features to support and consolidate your progress, including:
- A glossary for bolded words in each text
- A bilingual word list
- Full plot summary
- Comprehension questions after each chapter.
As a result, you will be able to focus on enjoying learning, delighting in your improved range of vocabulary and grasp of the language all without ever feeling overwhelmed. From science fiction to fantasy, to crime and thrillers, Short Stories in German for Intermediate Learners uses listening as the perfect tool to not only delight in learning German, but to accelerate your journey towards fluency.
PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this title, the accompanying PDF will be available in your Audible Library along with the audio.
"Olly's top-notch language-learning insights are right in line with the best of what we know from neuroscience and cognitive psychology about how to learn effectively. I love his work - and you will too!" (Barbara Oakley, PhD, author of New York Times best seller A Mind for Numbers)
More from the same
What listeners say about Short Stories in German for Intermediate LearnersAverage customer ratings
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
Excellent resource for learning German
These stories are a great way to improve your vocabulary and listening skills. I would recommend pairing with the e-book so that you can listen to a story, then read it, to check for comprehension and easily lookup any words you struggled with.
Something went wrong. Please try again in a few minutes.
You voted on this review!
You reported this review!
2 people found this helpful