Listen free for 30 days
Short Stories in English for Intermediate Learners
- Narrated by: Terence Wilton
- Length: 5 hrs and 40 mins
Add to basket failed.
Add to wishlist failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Adding to library failed
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Buy Now for £10.99
An unmissable collection of eight unconventional and captivating short stories for young adult and adult intermediate learners of English.
Olly's top-notch language-learning insights are right in line with the best of what we know from neuroscience and cognitive psychology about how to learn effectively.
Short Stories in English for Intermediate Learners has been written specifically for students from a low-intermediate to intermediate level, designed to give a sense of achievement, and most importantly - enjoyment! Mapped to B1-B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference, these eight captivating stories will both entertain you and give you a feeling of progress when listening.
What does this book give you?
- Eight stories in a variety of exciting genres, from science fiction and crime to history and thriller - making reading fun, while you learn a wide range of new vocabulary
- Controlled language at your level to help you progress confidently
- Realistic spoken dialogues to help you learn conversational expressions and improve your speaking ability
- Pleasure! Research shows that if you're enjoying listening in a foreign language, you won't experience the usual feelings of frustration - 'It's too hard!' 'I don't understand!'
- Accessible grammar so you learn new structures naturally, in a stress-free way
With intriguing plots that will spark your imagination and keep you listening, Short Stories in English will take your grasp of English to the next level with key features to support and consolidate your progress, including:
- A glossary for bolded words in each text
- A bilingual word list
- Full plot summary
- Comprehension questions after each chapter
As a result, you will be able to focus on enjoying listening, delighting in your improved range of vocabulary and grasp of the language all without ever feeling overwhelmed. From science fiction to fantasy, to crime and thrillers, Short Stories in English for Intermediate Learners uses listening as the perfect tool to not only delight in learning English, but to accelerate your journey towards fluency.
PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this title, the accompanying reference material will be available in your Library section along with the audio on our Desktop Site.
"I love his work - and you will too!" (Barbara Oakley, PhD, Author of New York Times best-seller A Mind for Numbers)