Listen free for 30 days
Add to basket failed.
Add to wishlist failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Listen with a free trial
Buy Now for £6.79
This book is for you, an upcoming professional visual artist. Get your copy now and have a jump on your opportunities.
Read this and let the author take you through the processes of your marketing opportunities.
- To start, you are advised on how to brand yourself and your artwork, so that you stand out in the sea of other struggling artists.
- Next, he steers you through each of the many available channels for getting your message to a prospective collector, including the ever-changing tangle of social media. Then, he prepares you to be ready when the prospect responds to your solicitations.
- He describes writing attractive content for your messages, how to close the sale when the prospect falls in love with your artwork, plus the tricky issues of pricing and affordability.
- You are coached on the various tools you need to support your marketing efforts: how to choose your computer, essential software and accessories; ways to obtain, handle, and preserve images of both your artwork and references; how email is your prime messaging channel, and to ensure that your prospect will open and read your message; plus how your website is your most important marketing tool, the concept of "friction," and maximizing the design of your landing page.
- After each chapter are summaries, and hints on how you may get started.
What listeners say about Marketing for Professional ArtistsAverage customer ratings
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
- Lucas Graham
Way too basic
If you know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about marketing, this might be good for you.
The author spent a lot of time going through the details of VERY BASIC concepts like how to connect with someone on LinkedIn, and that click-through rates on Web ads are low. So much time, in fact, that I started to wonder if I should skip ahead to the good stuff... And then the book ended.
2 people found this helpful
- deb slowey
we must take it on ourselves ...this helps
lots of great info for all artists and school grads to get the work out
- Kindle Customer
Basic Marketing for Artists
The first half of this book was useful and worth the cost of the audiobook.
The second was mostly about setting up permission email and websites, which one can learn anywhere.
Part of this book is about what the author does to market his art and what kind of software and hardware he uses to track this and that. I'd personally prefer to read a compilation or study of what several of the most successful and business creative artists do.
Compare Brainard Carey's excellent books and audiobooks for artists, including New Markets for Artists, available on Audible. I also enjoy the story of Olivia Bennett in Mark Victor Hansen's The Richest Kids in America.
1 person found this helpful