Listen free for 30 days
Add to basket failed.
Add to wishlist failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Listen with a free trial
Buy Now for £3.79
Hi, and welcome to How to Podcast.
This guide aims to get you started on the road to becoming a podcasting expert.
My name is Colin Gray, and I've taught podcasting in various forms for a good few years now, most recently at university level in the UK. I have also created a lot of podcasts over the years, mostly around education, sports, and business, so I'll be using all that experience to help you get started on your own podcasting journey.
In this guide I'll take you from a complete beginner's level right up to publishing your first-ever podcast episode. If I've achieved my aim, by the end of this guide you'll be a confident podcaster and happy to go forth to create your own podcasting series.
We'll cover all of the following in detail:
- What are podcasts, and how do they work?
- All the ways to subscribe to a podcast
- What equipment you need to create a podcast
- Details on the best kit to buy, down to model numbers
- Microphones, digital recorders, headsets, mobile apps
- Scripting your podcast
- Creating a great recording environment
- Editing your podcast in Audacity, including detailed tutorials
- How to integrate music to create a professional broadcast
- How to publish your podcast
- Where to get your podcast listed to gain listeners
- Extra chapter: the best podcasting microphones on the market
Whatever your context is, I'm sure podcasts will be a great medium for getting the word out. And, on top of it all, it's great fun.
What listeners say about How to PodcastAverage customer ratings
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
- Seeker of 33
great reference and resource book.
great resource book. a little dated but still relevant. very helpful for the beginner with lots of sites to visit to gather more information.
- Sune Kaae
Copyright says 2015, but feels outdated. Ipod repeatedly mentioned but nothing about smartphones. Computers mentioned but nothing of laptops.