If you've ever desperately wanted to memorize poetry but absolutely hate the slings and arrows, the sound and the fury of repeating the same lines hundreds of times until they've become more annoying than beautiful, then this may be the most important audiobook you will ever listen to. Believe it or not, it doesn't matter if you have a good memory or not. In addition to improving your ability to memorize poetry by 100%, 200%, 300% (or more)…using simple techniques that you can learn in 30 minutes (or less)…the information in this book will teach you:
- Why memory is like a bicycle everyone can ride (with some minor personal adjustments).
- The real reason why no one should ever be squeamish about memorizing poetry.
- Why and how some of the most famous memory skills are applicable to memorizing poetry.
- Effortless methods used by the experts to create easy, effective and elegant "Memory Palaces" for storing poetry (and "stealth" methods that show you how to use them to recall poems right away no matter how long ago you remembered them).
- Unique techniques that will have you literally "tuning in" on the poetry you read.
- Exactly how often to recall poetry (a routine that lets people who are brand spanking new to memory techniques to memorize verse quickly and rapidly advance to mastery).
- A simple strategy for turning boring places you've been into amazing "Memory Palaces" (learn this technique and you will be able to spin any place you visit from now on into "Memory Palace" gold).
- Two secret ways to use relaxation to aid the memorization process. These two methods alone are worth the price of this audiobook because they will literally eliminate stress from your body as you memorize poetry.
And much, much more...
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
not quite as billed
this guy is a little too busy telling you to make sure and get your friends to buy his stuff to really spend too much time on memory techniques and examples. there are some interesting ideas and some tidbits at the very end, like a movie after credit sequence that you might miss if you stop, after he gets done telling you how great he is some more, but overall not worth the time. sorry. luckily it is short so try it if you want but i think i'd rather look elsewhere. and i have used some memory techniques for test taking that worked great for me, but he doesn't even mention them. and as far as poetry, which is after all in the title, there are almost no examples.
2 people found this helpful
Good hints on constructing a memory palace
Would you listen to How to Learn & Memorize Poetry...Using a Memory Palace Specifically Designed for Memorizing Poetry again? Why?
Yes. The specific advice how to build a good memory palace and which mistakes to avoid was very useful.
Did you have an extreme reaction to this book? Did it make you laugh or cry?