A recent study has shown 90 percent of Starbucks baristas are unable to make great espresso. After listening to this audiobook, you'll be able to teach them a thing or two, such as:
- The best beans for espresso and where to find them.
- Experimentation with blends in order to find your own acquired taste.
- Grinding your beans and what makes a good grinder.
- Bean storage to ensure maximum freshness.
- The secret ingredient, so simple, so obvious, and yet so few baristas are aware of it.
- The simple technique that takes 20 seconds and improves espresso taste.
- The right way to tamp your grounds.
- The exact brewing sequence I use to brew perfect espresso every time.
- My recommended automatic, semiautomatic, and manual espresso machines.
- Also, my espresso drink recipes.
Making perfect espresso every time from home is simple as long as you know the facts.You won't need an expensive espresso machine to make incredible espresso, but good technique is incredibly important. Learn all here.
What listeners say about Espresso Making Perfection
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
Many incorrect pieces of information
The person who wrote this book obviously has little experience with coffee. In the first 5 mins of the book there are ready completely inaccurate claims about coffee, and it only continues to add more inaccuracies as the book goes along.
I bought it because someone mentioned in their review that it would be good for beginners. While I agree that it is written in a style that would be easily understood by beginners, it would be detrimental for an aspiring coffee maker to use this as a foundation for their coffee journey.
To quote the principal from Billy Madison: everyone in the room is now dumber for having listened to it”.
The narrator isn’t bad though - easy enough to understand.
P.S: please don’t go buying hot coffee beans in a bag.
- Jim Mitchell
Honestly, very disappointed
I wanted to like this book so much! Sadly, I didn’t.... expected details received a basic overview.
- The Grand Coffee House
Before you begin with espresso, listen
Before you begin involving yourself with espresso listen to this to know what is important.
This is perhaps not appropriate for someone already very familiar with espresso but best for someone beginning.