Confident Parents, Confident Kids lays out an approach for helping parents - and the kids they love - hone their emotional intelligence so they can make wise choices, connect, and communicate well with others (even when patience wears thin), and become socially competent, confident human beings.
How do we raise a happy, confident kid? And how can we be confident that our parenting is preparing our child for success? Our confidence develops from understanding and having a mastery over our emotions - and helping our children do the same. Like learning to play a musical instrument, we can fine-tune our ability to skillfully react to those crazy, big, wonderful feelings that naturally arise from our child’s constant growth and change, moving from chaos to harmony. We want our children to trust that they can conquer any challenge with hard work and persistence, that they can love boundlessly, and that they will find their unique sense of purpose. We also want to trust that they will act wisely in a complex world. This book shows you how you can help it all happen.
With author and educator Jennifer Miller as your supportive guide, you’ll learn:
- The lies we’ve been told about emotions, how they shape our choices, and how we can better align our parenting decisions with our deepest values.
- How to identify the temperaments your child was born with so you can support those tendencies rather than fight them.
- How to align your biggest hopes and dreams for your kids with specific skills that can be practiced, along with new research to support those powerful connections.
- About each age and stage your child will go through and the range of learning opportunities available at each.
- How to identify and manage those big emotions that only parenting can bring out and how to model emotional intelligence for your children.
- How to deal with the emotions and influences of your choir - the many outside individuals and communities who directly impact your child’s life,including friends, neighbors, extended family, school, and the digital world.
Raising confident, centered, happy kids, while feeling the same way about yourself, is possible with Confident Parents, Confident Kids.
PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this title, the accompanying PDF will be available in your Audible Library along with the audio.
What members say
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
- Amazon Customer
Useful information perhaps too long
Good information and different options to phrase questions etc felt a bit long winded however got some useful links and options. Would rather have read it than not. Just a bit long winded