Listen free for 30 days
Add to basket failed.
Add to wishlist failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Listen with a free trial
Buy Now for £16.49
Build teams, make better decisions, energize groups, and think out of the box.
Do you need a resource that you can pull out of your pocket to liven up meetings, trainings, professional development, and teaching? The 50 easily applied techniques in this timely manual spur creativity, stimulate energy, keep groups focused, and increase participation. Whether you're teaching classes, facilitating employee training, leading organizational or community meetings, furthering staff and professional development, guiding town halls, or working with congregations, The Discussion Book is your go-to guide for improving any group process.
Each of the concrete techniques and exercises is clearly described with guidance on selection and implementation as well as advice on which pitfalls to avoid. All of the techniques:
- Offer new ways to engage people and energize groups
- Get employees, students, colleagues, constituents, and community members to participate more fully in deliberative decision making
- Encourage creativity and openness to new perspectives
- Increase collaboration and build cohesive teams
- Keep groups focused on important topics and hard-to-address issues
Derived from the authors' decades of experience using these exercises with schools, colleges, corporations, the military, social movements, health care organizations, prisons, unions, nonprofits, and elsewhere, The Discussion Book will help you guide discussions that matter.