Listen free for 30 days
Add to basket failed.
Add to wishlist failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Listen with a free trial
Buy Now for £22.89
Dr. Murray Stein’s prolific career has produced a substantial body of writings, lectures, and interviews. His writings, captured in these volumes, span a wide domain of topics that include writings on Christianity, individuation, midlife, the practice of analytical psychology, and topics in contemporary society. His deep understanding of analytical psychology is much more than an academic discourse, but rather a deeply personal study of Jung that spans nearly half a century.
The unifying theme of the papers collected in this volume is the individuation process as outlined by C.G. Jung and adopted and extended by later generations of scholars and psychoanalysts working in the field of analytical psychology.
Individuation is a major contribution to developmental psychology and encompasses the entire lifetime, no matter its duration. The unique feature of this notion of human development is that it includes spiritual as well as psychosocial features. The essays in this volume explain and expand on Jung’s fundamental contributions.
Table of contents:
- The twofold movement of individuation
- Numinous experience in the alchemy of individuation
- A tale of initiation and full individuation
- Deconstructing bewitchment
- The struggle with the complexes, personal and cultural
- Finding a space for individuation
- The ethics of individuation: the individuation of ethics
- Midway on our life’s journey: psychological
- Transformation at midlife
- Betrayal: a way to wisdom?
- Moments of meaning - synchronicity and individuation
- On the role of failure in the individuation process
- Individuation in organizational life
- Helping tradition to individuate
- Individuation and the politics of nations
- Where East meets West: In the house of individuation
- Psychological individuation and enlightenment
PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this title, the accompanying PDF will be available in your Audible Library along with the audio.
What listeners say about IndividuationAverage customer ratings
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
I coudnt listen to it all throu, the narration sounded like a text-to-speech engine. The narrator, if it was human at all, spoke too fast, in a jerky voice, swallowing syllables now and then.