Listen free for 30 days
Add to basket failed.
Add to wishlist failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Listen with a free trial
Buy Now for £16.79
Includes an audiobook-exclusive conversation between the authors.
The ultimate guide to marriage mentoring so you can feel confident in offering wisdom, encouragement, and practical help to couples who want to live out a love that lasts!
Drs. Les and Leslie Parrott and Dr. David Olson - renowned marriage experts and founders of the two largest marriage support organizations, SYMBIS and PREPARE/ENRICH - share what they have learned from decades of research involving more than five million couples. Packed with practical and proven methods, data-driven techniques, and immediately usable strategies, Helping Couples includes:
- The secrets - and the science - behind couples who thrive with lasting love
- Why romantic love is never enough, and what to do about it
- Strategies to instantly help reduce conflicts and increase intimacy
- The game-changing boost that scientific assessment tools give couples at any age or stage
- Four common myths about marriage and how to debunk them
- The distilled wisdom from hundreds of insightful surveys and studies
- How you can reduce a couple's chances of divorce by 31 percent
The ultimate guide for coaches, counselors, and clergy who want to know what really works!
Accompanying graphics are available in the audiobook companion PDF download.
PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this title, the accompanying PDF will be available in your Audible Library along with the audio.
What listeners say about Helping CouplesAverage customer ratings
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
- Great Red Giant
In the beginning
Not only is this story about origins, which is always great to hear how the ball got rolling!
This is an encouragement, affirmation, and a word to speak life into where you are as a counselor. Whether your the friend that everybody comes to with a problem, or in leader ship, or in pastoral care, or you’re a professional with your LPC, this book is written in such a way it encourages you that what you do ripples in a family‘s life story for generations to come. I hope you find this book as informative as I did, as encouraging, and inspires you to continue to try to do things where you’re at to make things better is for others. Don’t give up