Listen free for 30 days
The Healing Trauma Summit: Volume 3
- Transform Trauma with Advances in Neuroscience, Spiritual Psychology, and Embodied Approaches to Healing
- Narrated by: Stephen Porges, Pat Ogden, Leslie Booker, Richard C. Schwartz PhD, Edith Eva Eger
- Series: The Healing Trauma Summit, Book 3
- Length: 5 hrs and 17 mins
- Categories: Health & Wellness, Psychology & Mental Health
Add to basket failed.
Add to wishlist failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Listen with a free trial
Buy Now for £16.09
Discover the latest research and theory on trauma in this illuminating audio collection.
In recent years, we’ve come to discover that far more people than were previously thought suffer from the long-term effects of trauma. Whether it’s a client, friend, family member, or yourself, nearly everyone is touched in some way by the shock waves left by traumatic events.
Trauma is one of the most debilitating and misunderstood psychological conditions. Fortunately, it is also one of the most widely studied. In the last 20 years, immense strides have been made in treating and comprehending the mechanics of trauma. From neuroscience to psychology to traditional healing, researchers have devoted their careers to understanding the consequences of traumatic experiences. The Healing Trauma Summit: Volume 3 gathers five of the most prominent experts in the field to share resources, insights, and the latest theories on treatment.
This volume of audio interviews and presentations includes:
- Stephen Porges, PhD, describes his work with the polyvagal theory and why this has revolutionized the neuroscience of trauma
- Pat Ogden, PhD, approaches trauma treatment through the lens of Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, drawing on the wisdom of the body to restore empowerment
- Richard Schwartz, PhD, details the internal family systems therapy modality and how his understanding of individual “parts” can pinpoint sources of trauma
- Leslie Booker considers how bringing vulnerability, authenticity, and grounded presence to therapy can begin healing the trauma of marginalized communities
- Edith Eger, PhD, discusses the ability to move forward with life in the wake of intense trauma
Even though the effects of trauma can be devastating, healing is more than possible. With The Healing Trauma Summit, you can discover for yourself that hope is right within your grasp.
Note: This program is a compilation of presentations that were originally offered via the internet, so some sound inconsistencies may be present. These talks were presented at the Healing Trauma Summit, hosted in 2018 by Sounds True, and may be listened to in any sequence.
PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this title, the accompanying PDF will be available in your Audible Library along with the audio.
What listeners say about The Healing Trauma Summit: Volume 3Average customer ratings
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
Each one of these sharing's have been awesome, uplifting and healing. The only reason why I gave it a lower performance review was because it sounded very echoey, like the host was in a tunnel. If you can get past that there is lots to learn.
1 person found this helpful