Listen free for 30 days
The First-Aid Companion for Dogs and Cats
- What to Do Now, What to Do Later, Over 150 Everyday Accidents and Emergencies, Essential Medicine Chest, At-A-Glance Symptom Finder, How to Prevent
- Narrated by: Amy Shojai
- Length: 18 hrs and 38 mins
- Unabridged Audiobook
- Categories: Home & Garden, Pets & Animal Care
Add to basket failed.
Add to wishlist failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Listen with a free trial
Buy Now for £22.89
Is there an animal doctor in the house? When an accident or other emergency threatens your pet, every minute counts. Don't be unprepared!
Download the updated audiobook of The First-Aid Companion for Dogs and Cats by Amy Shojai for hands-free emergency veterinary advice on your device - whenever and wherever needed! You’ll learn:
- Which over-the-counter human medications can help - or harm - your dog or cat
- What to keep in your pet's medicine chest (many essential items are probably in your house already)
- Basic first-aid techniques, such as cleaning a wound, making a splint, and updated CPR advice - step-by-step!
- Fear free handling techniques to keep you safe and reduce your pet’s stress
- How to quickly pinpoint what's wrong with your pet, using the First-Aid Symptom Finder
Plus, you'll discover a comprehensive A-to-Z guide to more than 150 common - and not-so-common - injuries and conditions, including:
- Abscesses (Chapter 11)
- Bites from Animals (Chapter 19)
- Car Accidents (Chapter 26)
- Choking (Chapter 131)
- Gunshot Wounds (Chapter 59)
- Heatstroke (Chapter 63)
- Hot Spots (Chapter 65)
- Jellyfish Stings (Chapter 72)
- Poisoning, including grape/raisin and xylitol toxicity (Chapter 88)
- Snakebites (Chapter 100)
Each easy-listening entry tells you when to call the vet, which supplies or medications you'll need, what immediate action you should take, and what you should do as follow-up care.