This guide is arranged chronologically and will take you step by step through the entire process of suing an individual or a company in small claims court to get the compensation you deserve.
You will learn about the small claims court system and how to go about filing your complaint. You will also learn about how to prepare for your case, what to and what not to do in court, and how to collect compensation from the individual or company you sue.
Table of Contents:
- What are you going to learn?
- Your main objectives
- What if you don't win in small claims court?
- Research, execute, and prepare
- What is a small claims court?
- How much can you sue for and when can you file?
- Where to file?
- Some additional tips on where to file
- Don't be afraid of making mistakes
- Considering the small claims court
- Try to resolve your issue on your own first
- How to resolve your issue?
- Make Google your best friend
- Spend time on the company website
- Why is it important to research the company online?
- Make your intentions clear and file a complaint letter
- The statute of limitations
- Do you have a case worthy of pursuit?
- Ready to file?
- Naming companies and individuals involved
- Execution - The nitty gritty grungy work
- Where to get complaint forms?
- Additional forms
- What to fill in the plaintiff section?
- What to fill in the defendant section?
- Address the complaint to registered agents
- What are you seeking?
- Filing your complaint paperwork and dealing with Clerks
- Who serves the agent?
- What if the defendant ignores your efforts?
- Settling your case
- Default judgment
- Getting a court date
- What if the defendant sues you back?
- Preparing for the judge
- Advanced preparation
- Arranging your witnesses
- Arranging for court reporters
- Before you leave the court after your first visit
- What if you have an emergency on your hearing date?
- Your behavior in court
- What to expect when called to present your case
- What to do when the defendant presents their side?
- Concluding the court hearing
What listeners say about The Complete Small Claims Court Guide
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
of course a guy that Seems to sue for a living, would save money on the narrator. I should sue for my money back on this purchase. sounds like it was read off paper in a basement, by a non attorney. If you own an airline it would be cost effective to buy this guy a ticket on a competitor airline.
Not worth the money
He literally tells you to use google, which is free. I paid $7 to listen to a guy to tell me to use google.