Golden retrievers are one of the most loyal and lovable breeds around, and so it is easy to see why they are so popular. They are playful and friendly even into their golden years and are ideal dogs for first-time dog owners. This audiobook provides all you need to know about the breed, whether you are buying a golden retriever for a pet, working dog, show dog, or breeding dog.
In The Complete Guide to Golden Retrievers, you will learn everything you need to know from start to end on how to choose a puppy, training, traveling, grooming, health care, and senior care. You will also learn all about the background of the breed, its history, breed predisposed diseases, and special traits. All the information is specific to golden retrievers and in easy-to-listen comprehensive detail.
Find answers to questions, like:
- Is a golden retriever the right dog for me?
- I brought my golden retriever home. What now?
- How can I best train my golden retriever?
- What are some common mistakes should I avoid?
Whether you are a veteran golden retriever owner or new to the breed, there will be something for everyone in this book.
You’ll find out everything you'll need to know as a new owner through chapters, including:
- Golden Retriever History
- Golden Retriever Behavior
- Preparations for a New Dog
- How to Choose a Golden Retriever
- Training a Golden
- Traveling with a Golden Retriever
- Dental Care
- Grooming Your Golden Retriever
- Preventative Veterinary Medicine
- Golden Retriever Diseases
- Breeding Golden Retrievers
- Showing Golden Retrievers
- Living with a Senior Golden
Compiled by veterinarian Dr. Jo de Klerk, the book will ensure there is nothing left for you to wonder or worry about. It will provide you with everything you need to know to help you care for, train, and bond with your new lovable friend.