A fabulous anthology of some of the finest stories ever written.
- The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde – Robert Louis Stevenson
- The Withered Arm – Thomas Hardy
- The Stolen White Elephant – Mark Twain
- The Jew’s Beech Tree – Annette von Droste-Hülshoff
- The Phantom Rickshaw – Rudyard Kipling
- The Suicide Club - Robert Louis Stevenson
- The Story of the Physician and the Saratoga Trunk - Robert Louis Stevenson
- The Adventure of the Hansom Cabs - Robert Louis Stevenson
- The 39 Steps – John Buchan
- The Monk and the Hangman’s Daughter – Ambrose Bierce
- The Pavilion on the Links - Robert Louis Stevenson
- The Dead – James Joyce
What listeners say about Gripping Stories
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
dreadful narration, couldn't follow story.
I would not recommend this narrator. I found her hard to listen to. don't often give bad reviews
2 people found this helpful
Nothing was to my Liking
What could have made this a 4 or 5-star listening experience for you?
The Narrated was not up to par by a long shot. No have never listened to a book with her as one before but did not care for her at all. She to me was not interesting, in making it the book come alive.
What was most disappointing about the authors’s story?
I listened to the first one & part of the second, have read them but the telling was not enjoyable.
How did the narrator detract from the book?
Sorry the book did not seem to be as one a woman would have narrated.
You didn’t love this book... but did it have any redeeming qualities?
Well known of all the stories of the book, so did not get too far into it. I fast forwarded through the first one, was the narrator, mainly.
Any additional comments?
Just did not like the Narrator was most of it, but was not enjoying it at all.