Listen free for 30 days
Add to basket failed.
Add to wishlist failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Listen with a free trial
Buy Now for £3.89
Learn how to master your DSLR camera and take stunning photos effortlessly!
In Digital Photography Mastery, you will find a comprehensive overview of how to control your exposure both with analog and digital cameras. I also talk about how to edit for both modes of working as well.
Here is a preview of what you'll learn:
- Capture as much as possible in camera: No matter the fact that Photoshop and Lightroom are excellent tools for fixing things, you should attempt to learn to make less work for yourself by getting your original image as close to where you want it from the beginning.
- Mastering ISO: This gives you a better idea of what ISO does and how it controls the amount of grain in your images.
- Mastering exposure: This tip explains how to control exposure via aperture and shutter speed, as well as how those two factors affect the final outcome of your image.
- Metering and bracketing: Metering is where you measure the amount of light in a scene before you decide your exposure to shoot it. Bracketing is a technique to make sure you get the correct exposure.
- Shooting modes: There are four shooting modes aside from "Auto" you can use. I explain in what conditions to use which, and how they work.
- Exposure for film: Exposure for film is slightly different, and is dependent on whether the film is color or black and white, and is also dependent on the brand and ISO of the film.
- How to shoot in different light conditions: I review some of the most common lighting conditions and how to shoot in them, from potential mode and exposure, to technique.
- Editing in Camera RAW: Camera RAW is, in my opinion, an underused tool that provides the optimal editing conditions for a photo.
- Editing film for exposure: I'll explain how to scan and edit your film for exposure.
What listeners say about Digital Photography MasteryAverage customer ratings
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
Lots of information that easy to understand in layman language
Nicely put together, to the point and gives you want you need to know with out all the jargon..
1 person found this helpful
Good tips for a beginner
A quick and easy listen for a beginner. I was able to keep up with the reader and learn a few things.
- Liane Palisoul McIlwaine
Great overview of photography
Newcomers can listen to this and be confident they have a good base understanding of the craft. Experienced photographers may also learn something new as he includes some interesting (but not too long) bits of history. Overall, this is a well rounded summary of the fundamentals of photography.