Listen free for 30 days
Add to basket failed.
Add to wishlist failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Listen with a free trial
Buy Now for £23.49
Have you heard God's voice? Seen God's face? Felt God's touch? God desires to transform your prayers into intimate conversations, real meetings with a Living Friend. In this book, Brad Jersak lays out the biblical foundation for the practice of "listening prayer".
Can You Hear Me? combines biblical and historical research, inspiring testimonies, and 33 spiritual exercises - all to train people to hear God more clearly... or rather, to help them discover that they already do.
Chapters include discussions on many themes relevant to our spiritual eyes and ears, including 13 chapters in three sections:
- I. The Simplicity of Listening Prayer
- 1. My Sheep Hear My Voice
- 2. Awakened Hearts: How we hear and see God
- 3. God, is that really you?
- 4. Was that just my imagination?
- II. Encountering God: The Meeting Place of Your Heart
- 5. The Meeting Place
- 6. Meeting God to intercede
- 7. Overcoming Blocks to Meeting God
- III. The Life of Listening Prayer
- 8. Listening Prayer in Decision Times
- 9. Listening Prayer with Children
- 10. Listening Prayer in the Local Church
- 11. Listening Prayer and Outreach
- 12. Listening Prayer, Mercy and Justice
- 13. Listening Prayer for Inner Healing
- Epilogue: Do you want to start a fire?
The 2012 edition, first out on Kindle, includes a foreword by Jason Upton and an appendix entitled "The biblical basis for listening prayer."
For the first time, it also includes a study guide after each chapter for group or personal study.
More from the same
What listeners say about Can You Hear Me?Average customer ratings
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
- Euodia Gadgets
Hear the voice of God Almighty
My faith has been strengthened and my hope to grow a stronger relationship with the Almighty has been assured. At some point soon I shall clear converse with the Lord.
- Rita Y. Hitt
Insightful perspective on the words of Jesus.
This brings to the forefront the words of Jesus! The promises He made to each of us, the true nature and character of His Father God, and their desire for us to truly know Them & for Them to know us intimately in all things! It is true: We are not alone! We are created for love & relationship!
1 person found this helpful
- tim jordan
As a Christian, this is the most important book I have ever read. If you have ever struggled to hear God speak to you, or you aren't sure you're hearing God or yourself, then this is the book you do not want to miss out on.
- Mathew Povey
Good book. The narrator isn't the best though. Pronounced a lot of words incorrectly.
1 person found this helpful