Bird watching, the observation of live birds in their natural habitat, is a popular pastime and scientific sport that developed almost entirely in the 20th century. Find out how to get the most enjoyment from bird watching with this practical audiobook guide packed with proven tips and suggestions.
Birding is a versatile sport that can be either done with or without others. If you are seeking companionship, then birding can be a great social activity. You can share your interest with friends, family, or even join a birding club.
If you seek the chance to get away from everyone for some well deserved solitude, then that is also an option. It's perfectly acceptable to go birding alone. You can go explore nature with the only sounds coming from the birds you are observing.
Here is a preview of what you'll learn:
- What is bird watching
- The history of bird watching
- How to bird watch
- Equipment for bird watching
- Prominent contributors to bird watching
- Bird-watching organizations and societies
- Bird-watching etiquette
- Science and bird watching
- Bird-watching influences on the environment
- Backyard birding
- Birding census techniques
- Bird-watching books and publications
- A personal tale: Bird watching 101
- And basically everything you need to start bird watching today!
What listeners say about Bird Watching
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
- Anna Athanassiou
Meet the dummiest
Heard of Books for the Dummies? This one is for the dummiest! I cannot believe such NOTHING gets published!
Do not buy
This book is full of useless information on birding publications. A total bait and switch. No useful tips on actually birding.
1 person found this helpful