A practical guide to true happiness! Each "prescription" is a week's worth of fun and intriguing ideas to energize your body, expand your mind, and nurture your soul.
- How to instantly tap into your inner wisdom and connect to your source of personal power
- The "Magic Door" that propels you from self-doubt to self-confidence
- One-minute meditations to relieve stress, strengthen the immune system, and speed healing
- Easy ways to release regret, resentment, and guilt
- Effective techniques for letting go of negative thought patterns and finding peace in stressful situations
- Simple ways to increase your self-love and open up to your full potential
- Powerful tools for activating intuition and creativity
- Heart-opening possibilities for connecting with other people and the world around you
- Natural ways to lower blood pressure, decrease pain, and slow the aging process
- Intriguing ideas for opening all your senses, including those beyond sight, sound, smell, taste, and touch
Here's to your year of happiness!
What listeners say about 52 Prescriptions for Happiness
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
Short thoughts on Inspiring change
Any additional comments?
I am enjoying this book very much. I listen to a lesson each day or two and try to take time to reflect on the thoughts and ideas presented. I think the book is set up to have a lesson a week but I am finding that moving along more quickly works better for me. It is positive and presents a hopeful vision of looking at things in life differently.
28 people found this helpful
Warm and Inspiring
I was looking for inspiration for the coming year and I found it in this lovely book!
Each of the 52 prescriptions is a short little idea followed by suggestions on how to implement it in your life. This format is perfect for those who want a quick hit of inspiration.
My favorite prescriptions were #8 (Give Yourself Permission - It's Okay to Be Human), #21 (Feel the Love - Celebrate the Memory of Someone Special), #51 (Harness the Energy of Intention - Get the Most from Every Experience).
This audiobook edition was read by the authors which was lovely as they really knew the material and their calm, caring voices added an additional layer to each prescription.
I love that most prescriptions are two to three minutes long (all are under five minutes) which makes it easy to listen to the entire book in a single sitting and then revisit each as you desire.
I listened to the entire book at one time to prepare for the coming year and plan to listen to each week's prescription every day for that week. The prescriptions are such short yet powerful nuggets that they'll be perfect to listen to while I'm getting ready in the morning.
I highly recommend this excellent book and I look forward to future releases from the authors.
2 people found this helpful