Listen free for 30 days
Add to basket failed.
Add to wishlist failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Listen with a free trial
Buy Now for £19.39
WordTheatre, the short story performance specialists, casts the perfect actors to bring great contemporary writing to life.
Recorded live with many of the writers present, these nine exquisitely crafted stories guide you through the highs and lows of marriage. From the complications of newfound intimacy to the devastations wrought by death, you will be deeply moved by these authors' explorations.
- Michael Zegen reading "Grief" by Pamela Painter
- Amy Brenneman reading "The Life of the Body" by Jane Smiley
- Adrian Pasdar reading "Dancer Horse" by Hal Ackerman
- Ian Hart reading "Business Class" by Evgenia Citkowitz
- Emily Bergl reading "Damned Spot" by Michelle Latiolais
- Richard Burgi reading "Here We Aren't So Quickly" by Jonathan Safran Foer
- Anson Mount reading "Her Favorite Story" by Mark Richard
- Brian Cox reading "The Problem of Human Consumption" by Steve Almond
- Sarah Clarke reading "Two-Step" by Maile Meloy
Produced and directed by Cedering Fox; edited by Sara Bencivenga; mixed and mastered by Theo Mondle; music composed by Greg Chun.
WordTheatre gives voice to great writing. We are an innovative, internationally recognized, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to inspiring empathy, curiosity, and conversation through powerful and entertaining performances, both live and recorded, of the world's best contemporary literature. We aim to ignite a passion for reading, writing, and self-expression in our community and in future generations.