Listen free for 30 days
This Mysterious Realm Called Sleep: Book 2
- Amazing Insights into the Bizarre Behavior - Sometimes Beneficial, Sometimes Startlingly Life-Threatening - of Unaware Sleepwalkers
- Narrated by: Graham Watkins
- Series: This Mysterious Realm Called Sleep Series, Book 2
- Length: 3 hrs and 12 mins
- Categories: Health & Wellness, Psychology & Mental Health
By the age of 60, most of us will have been sleeping for a total of roughly 20 years. That’s how we spend about a third of our lives. Yet, few of us are aware of the oddities which tend to trespass through our slumbers - or of the strange somnambulism that can erupt when we’ve drifted into restful oblivion.
This audiobook, the second in the series, delves deep into the darker corners of the realm we call sleep, when our brains are active but we have no control and strange things happen. It goes further exploring real-life cases which entertain, sometimes frighten, astonish, and often baffle parasomnia and slow-wave sleep experts. Like the mysterious case of a renowned French detective who arrested himself for murder and the case of the bank robber who shot two people dead and walked free, while a man practiced in the art of hypnotism, who was miles from the scene of the crime, was convicted. A real-life nightmare of auto-suggestion and hypnosis.
These and other less extreme cases, like the mystery behind Nuff the guinea-pig's disappearance from his cage, are compelling insights into what goes on in our heads while we sleep.