Charles Dickens once again gathers his favourite storytellers around him and 'conducts' the story of 'The Wreck of the Golden Mary'. Dickens leads, Percy Fitzgerald, Harriet Parr, Adelaide Anne Procter and others follow....
- 'The Wreck' by Charles Dickens
- 'The Beguilement in the Boats': 'The Armorer's Story' by Percy Fitzgerald
- 'Poor Dick's Story' by Harriet Parr
- 'The Supercargo's Story' by Percy Fitzgerald
- 'The Old Sailor's Story' by Adelaide Anne Procter
- 'The Scotch Boy's Story' by Reverend James White
- 'The Deliverance' by Wilkie Collins
What listeners say about The Wreck of the Golden Mary
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
For Fans of Little Nell and Similar
If you like Dickens's style of pathos, you will like this collection. Written very well, of course, but if Philip Bird were not such a good reader I could not have finished it.
All that glitters aint neccessarily gold
What made the experience of listening to The Wreck of the Golden Mary the most enjoyable?
The way the story constantly surprised me
What other book might you compare The Wreck of the Golden Mary to and why?
Jules Verne's 'The Survivors of the Chancellor
Which scene was your favorite?
When the survivors finally spotted a ship
Was there a moment in the book that particularly moved you?
I suppose it was the young Scotsman's story about the anniversary of his sisters birthday.
Any additional comments?
I you like old time ships and survival stories, it is quite entertaining.