Listen free for 30 days
Add to basket failed.
Add to wishlist failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Listen with a free trial
Buy Now for £17.29
Drawing on Judy Hutchings many years of work with parents and children, The Positive Parenting Handbook is a concise, straightforward guide that offers simple solutions to daily dilemmas. The clear and easy advice provides parents with skills and tools that support positive parent-child relationships for happy and confident children. It explains common behaviour problems in young children and offers expert advice on:
- How to build strong bonds and let children know they are important to you
- How to encourage behaviour we want to see through praise and small rewards
- Giving instructions that children are more likely to follow
- How ignoring some unwanted behaviours can be helpful
- Strategies for managing difficult behaviour
- Teaching new behaviour to our children
- Developing children’s language.
It includes six case studies of how these strategies have helped real families with everyday problems at bedtime and mealtimes, during toilet training, out shopping and when children experience anxiety.
Together with suggestions of other useful books and information sources, The Positive Parenting Handbook is ideal for all parents, including those of children with diagnosed developmental difficulties, and the range of professionals who work with them.