Listen free for 30 days
Add to basket failed.
Add to wishlist failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Listen with a free trial
Buy Now for £3.69
This is a short collection of untold stories about the women heroes in the extraordinary World War Two.
These women have been footnotes in history, and at least one of them was a model for women in James Bond books and movies. The women, however, have remained in the shadows of the stories of the Second World War. These women fade into history even though their actions were crucial in changing the outcome of the war.
This book is an effort to remember these forgotten women and remove the shrouds from the memory of these amazing and courageous women.
Scott's other books:
- Unforgettable World War II: Aftermath of the Extraordinary Second World War
- Unforgettable Vietnam War: The American War in Vietnam - War in the Jungle
- Hitler's War and the Horrific Account of the Holocaust
- World War One: A Concise History: The Great War
- On the Brink of Nuclear War: Cuban Missile Crisis: Soviet Union, Cuba and the United States
- The Forgotten Heroes: Untold Stories of the Extraordinary World War II: Courage, Survival, Resistance, and Rescue
What listeners say about The Forgotten Women HeroesAverage customer ratings
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
Needs longer title.
What made the experience of listening to The Forgotten Women Heroes the most enjoyable?
Learning more history!
What other book might you compare The Forgotten Women Heroes to and why?
I've not read any others like it - yet.
What three words best describe Glenn Koster, Jr.’s performance?
Makes it novelized.
Was there a moment in the book that particularly moved you?
Not off the top of my head (belated review).
Any additional comments?
They are interesting stories of fascinating women, but there's something off about the telling. Can't put a finger on it, but it felt a little too novelized, maybe?