Listen free for 30 days
Add to basket failed.
Add to wishlist failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Listen with a free trial
Buy Now for £18.29
This self-teaching instruction workbook (in American English) helps with:
- Pronouncing consonants (including letter blends)
- Pronouncing vowels (long, short, and vowel groups)
- Words with multiple syllables
- The relationship between phonics and spelling
- Examples of tricky proper nouns
- Several practice exercises (with answers to all problems at the back of the book)
- Suitable for all ages, from about fourth grade up (including teens or adults)
This book avoids technical jargon (like diphthongs and phonemes) so that people of all ages and backgrounds can understand the ideas. This makes it handy for English as a second language (ESL) students, or anyone who isn’t fluent with the technical vocabulary conventionally used to teach phonics and spelling. (However, for those who would like to learn the terminology, these terms are collected in an appendix.)
More from the same
What listeners say about The Art of PhonicsAverage customer ratings
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
- Amazon Customer
Need Reference book.
I enjoyed it. It would be great if provide a reference book with this audio book.
1 person found this helpful