Bill Burnett & Dave Evans' audiobook, Designing your Life: How to Build a Well-Lived, Joyful Life, offers practical, easy-to-follow advice to attain the life you always wanted - even if you don't know what that is yet. Don't miss this step-by-step guide to designing your life.
What will you learn from listening to this audiobook?
- How to use design thinking to get unstuck and figure out what to do with your life
- How dysfunctional beliefs keep you from living the life you want
- How to create a life that is constantly evolving, generative, and full of surprises
- How to articulate your workview and lifeview, and balance the core areas of your life
- How to reframe your work or life problems and find solutions, without changing your circumstances
- How to use the beginner's mind to find hidden opportunities and design your dream job
- How to extract value from setbacks and develop immunity to the sting of failure
- How to find happiness by making well-designed choices, and living confidently into them
Audiobook Summary Review
Short of having a killer body and being world famous, there is a tested and straightforward solution to every challenge you have, and Burnett and Evans have been teaching the secret to Stanford wonks for years.
Design thinking has helped hundreds of their students resolve some of their most pressing problems and dilemmas, and it can do the same for you, too. The duo reminds you - with the clarity and assurance that's only the reserve of seasoned instructors - that it's okay if you are 60 and haven't figured out your life yet, because everyone has multiple life versions to figure out.
Please note: This is a summary, analysis and review of the audiobook and not the original book.