In her best-selling book, Leadership in Turbulent Times, renowned presidential historian Doris Kearns examines four historic American leaders and the crucibles of adversity that brought them to greatness.
(Disclaimer: This is NOT the original book. If you’re looking for the original book, it is available from Amazon and Audible.)
What does this ZIP Reads Summary include?
- Synopsis of the original book
- A detailed recounting of their childhoods
- The story of each president's personal adversity and his method of overcoming it
- A step-by-step review of a major presidential achievement
- A breakdown of their individual leadership qualities
- A rumination on each of their deaths and legacies
- In-depth editorial review
- Background on Doris Kearns Goodwin
About the Original Book: Goodwin leaves no stone unturned as she investigates the lives and legacies of Abraham Lincoln, Theodore Roosevelt, Franklin Roosevelt, and Lyndon Johnson. Leadership is an exploration into what makes a great leader and the personal struggles each of these four men faced on their paths toward and during the presidency. Each man faced a crucible of hardship and each man was faced with sweeping social change during their time in the Oval Office. While no man followed the same path to leadership, or led in the same manner, she discovers there are many traits these great leaders shared along the way.
DISCLAIMER: This book is intended as a companion to, not a replacement for, Leadership: In Turbulent Times. ZIP Reads is wholly responsible for this content and is not associated with the original author in any way.