Listen free for 30 days
- Become a Relentless Goal-Achieving and Temptation-Busting Machine (A Guide for Procrastinators, Slackers, and Couch Potatoes) (Live a Disciplined Life, Book 5)
- Narrated by: Russell Newton
- Length: 3 hrs and 3 mins
- Unabridged Audiobook
- Categories: Relationships, Parenting & Personal Development, Personal Development
Add to basket failed.
Add to wishlist failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Listen with a free trial
Buy Now for £13.79
A true guide for procrastinators, slackers, couch potatoes, and those who get what they want right now, instead of what they want the most.
Want to get somewhere worth going? It's not going to be easy, and it's not going to be comfortable. So, now what? This book gives you the missing key to all that you want in life.
Practical Self-Discipline is exactly what the title promises: Practical. You will gain scientifically-proven new perspectives and tips to manage your day, energy, motivation, and self-discipline. In doing so, you will also deeply learn about your brain and what it is that drives you on a biological basis. You'll learn how to deal with the tangled, contradictory mess that is the human psyche, and use it to your advantage for once! Unlock the secrets of how top performers consistently exercise self-discipline.
It can be frustrating to glide through life not competing things, or leaving things unfinished. It can be painful, even. But now, discover how to practically implement self-discipline into your life - mostly painlessly - and become a master finisher.
Overcome the barriers that actually lead to "laziness".
Peter Hollins has studied psychology and peak human performance for over a dozen years and is a bestselling author. He has worked with dozens of individuals to unlock their potential and path towards success. His writing draws on his academic, coaching, and research experience.
Adjust your psychology to master discomfort and master your impulses.
- Three simple formulas for getting things done and evaluating yourself.
- A timebox, an unschedule, and a calendar: What they can do for you.
- Construct the most helpful to-do list that will also motivate you and organize your life.
- Why you should actually read less, read Homer's Odysseus, and slice your life into categories.
Daily self-discipline will fundamentally change your life.
A goal without the self-discipline necessary to enact it will remain just a dream or fantasy. Does this describe you more often than not? It doesn’t matter what you want to do - you might want to become a CEO or just clean more consistently - self-discipline is one of the most important life skills because it is the skill of doing and executing.
Start and finish your tasks by buying this book now!
This is the fifth book in the Live a Disciplined Life series, as listed below:
- The Science of Self-Discipline: The Willpower, Mental Toughness, and Self-Control to Resist Temptation and Achieve Your Goals
- Finish What You Start: The Art of Following Through, Taking Action, Executing, and Self-Discipline
- Neuro-Discipline: Everyday Neuroscience for Self-Discipline, Focus, and Defeating Your Brain’s Impulsive and Distracted Nature
- Mind Over Matter: The Self-Discipline to Execute Without Excuses, Control Your Impulses, and Keep Going When You Want to Give Up
- Practical Self-Discipline
More from the same
What listeners say about Practical Self-DisciplineAverage customer ratings
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
- I. Braich
highly recommend it. .great depth understanding on the topic.. love it. l l l l
- sammie Jo
An excellent audio
Well worth the listen and nice to listen to when you need to hear someone talking sensibly.
Enjoyable while being factual and to the point!
Great audio book for those struggling with laziness. Explained examples for different types of personalities to helps push through your mental blocks.