Listen free for 30 days
Add to basket failed.
Add to wishlist failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Listen with a free trial
Buy Now for £22.89
Our NCLEX-RN series is intended to be used by both nursing educators and nursing students alike. Our goal is to help transition students to successfully practicing nurses. This journey in many ways begins by passing the nursing board exam. Our audiobook edition is a summarization of important, high-yield concepts that students need to know in order to pass the NCLEX exam.
We have divided the curriculum into sections based on organ systems to facilitate review. The sections can also be used as a guide for the nursing educators as well as students to conceptualize on the most important aspects of the nursing curriculum to pass the exam. The lectures are taught by top nursing educators who specialize in the nursing field they are presenting.
The curriculum is explained in a way that is easy to understand and remember. Our goal is to help you learn while you are busy living your life.
What listeners say about Nursing Audio NCLEX-RN Review: MedTalk: Learn While You LiveAverage customer ratings
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
so helpful! very informative easy to listen too and an extremely useful tool. it helped break down subject matter in easy digestible bits for me on an easy to use time scale.
2 people found this helpful
Perfect for Nursing Students Reviewing "On The Go"
I am a professional nursing tutor, and I received a free copy of this NCLEX-RN Audio Review book so that I could listen and decide if it was something I wanted to recommend to my tutoring students.
It 100% is, and I have already started recommending it!
I work with a lot of non-traditional students who are juggling many demands on their time. This audio Review book gives them an opportunity to make the most of their study time when their hands are occupied but their ears are available to listen. It's perfect for listening to in the car, while washing dishes, folding laundry, or walking the dog.
Having a review book to listen to can make SUCH a difference in your nursing school success.
Loooong ago when I was in nursing school, I listened to a different audio review book (by a different author) while driving to class and clinicals. It saved me sooo much time, but that particular audiobook series hasn't been updated since I listened to it decades ago, is hard find, and is more expensive. So I stopped recommending that one. I have been searching for a replacement to recommend ever since...and am so excited to have finally found one with the "Nursing Audio NCLEX-RN Review: MedTalk: Learn While You Live".
So here's the pros and cons (because not everything is always perfect)...
- It's audio, so you can listen in the car or anywhere else your brain is free (but your hands are not)
- Topics are broken down into body systems for Med-Surg, and there are also chapters for the Specialty Nursing areas of Peds, Maternity, Psych, Pharm, and Gerontological, so it's easy to skip to the sections you need for your next exam.
- It's very thorough, and covers a good review of the A&P and other foundational info you need to understand before jumping into the disease processes and nursing interventions...this is EXACTLY how I recommend studying with the Silver Bullet Study System, too!
- There's a different narrator for each chapter, so if you DO happen to "zone out" (not that that would EVER happen, right?), then having that occasional voice change will remind you to pay attention again :)
- Since this is a complete NCLEX-RN review, there's not a specific chapter for some of the first-year nursing courses like Fundamentals or Health Assessment. Instead, a lot of that information is incorporated into the individual chapters as needed (i.e. how to do a respiratory assessment is described in the respiratory chapter)
- This is definitely not a "stand alone" book, and isn't intended as such. If you use it as a study tool, you will still need to use your assigned textbooks to make sure you understand everything that is reviewed.
- The sheer amount of information in each chapter is like drinking from a fire hose...so if you're not prepared, it *could* be overwhelming. But if you know what to expect, then it is perfect!
Still can't decide if this Audio NCLEX Review book would be good for you? I'd say it's perfect for these 3 types of situations:
1) You want a "big picture" overview of the nursing topic BEFORE you study, so you know what the most important information to focus on will be, OR
2) You feel like you know the topic pretty well, but want help identifying anything you still need to go back and study, OR
3) You have already studied that topic (or are in the middle of studying it) and want an easy way to keep your knowledge fresh so you don't forget anything.
All in all, it's less expensive then most good NCLEX review books, so if you have any opportunities during your day where you can listen (like driving to class)...then I say help yourself out and get this as early in your nursing school journey as you can. You won't regret it.
1 person found this helpful