The need for medical practitioners to understand the importance of laboratory tests in medical decision-making cannot be overemphasized. Nurses and doctors will always come across different laboratory results in their practice, and these results are interpreted based on their knowledge of the various normal laboratory values.
Normal Lab Values for Nurses is written by Cindy B. Smith to help nurses and nursing students interpret different laboratory investigations with ease. Understanding normal laboratory values aids in diagnosing, managing, and monitoring the effectiveness of the treatment of disease conditions.
Misinterpretation of laboratory test results in clinical practice can lead to the wrong treatment routine, which could jeopardize the patient’s safety.
This audiobook also provides the necessary information and a Lab Value Quiz to aid nursing students to pass the NCLEX at first try.
What else will you get in the audiobook?
- Obtaining Lab Samples Correctly
- Laboratory Blood Bottle Guide
- Hematological Tests & Values
- Test for Cardiac Disease
- Renal Function Tests
- Test for Liver & Gastrointestinal Function
- Serum Electrolytes Tests
- Arterial Blood Gas (ABG) Analysis
- Serological Tests
- Tests for Endocrine Function
- Tests for Malignant Conditions (Tumor Markers)
- Body Fluid & Stool Analysis
- Tests for Other Conditions
- And lots more