One minute you can't live without them...the next minute you don't want them breathing your air! Siblings everywhere will relate to this humorous look at famous brothers and sisters whose important bonds have shaped their accomplishments...(mostly) for the better.
They blame you when they get in trouble. They seem like your parents' favorite. They are the only enemy you can't live without. Almost everyone has a juicy story about their siblings - even famous people. Meet those who got along, those who didn't, and everyone in between!
- Demi Lovato and her sister
- Tennis superstars Serena and Venus Williams
- Walt and Roy Disney
- Princes William and Harry
- Stephen Colbert and his eleven older siblings
- Quarterbacks Peyton and Eli Manning
- The Jacksons (Michael, Janet, and family)
- Reality TV sensations the Gosselins
- Queen Elizabeth I and the queen whom history remembers as Bloody Mary
- Conjoined twins Chang and Eng Bunker
- John Wilkes Booth (the man who assassinated Abraham Lincoln) and his brother Edwin
- Vincent and Theo van Gogh
- Airplane inventors the Wright brothers
- The Romanovs
- The Kennedys
Oh, brother! This could get ugly....
"Readers with siblings will relate to these stories of brothers and sisters who got along and who didn't, and only children may feel relieved to be alone." (Kirkus)
"Elementary- and middle-school readers will likely get a kick out of the relatable angle." (Booklist)
"Perfect for those who loved Georgia Bragg’s How They Croaked: The Awful Ends of the Awfully Famous and a great companion for National Sibling Day (April 10) lessons or as a read-aloud." (School Library Journal)