When her workplace burned down, Claudia should've taken it as a sign to move on - and not just professionally. She's been secretly lusting after her mysterious boss, Anthony Cross, for years. There's no way she should agree to help him rebuild if she wants to keep her heart intact, and yet it's impossible to stay away.... The flames that destroyed Anthony Cross' beloved bar are nothing compared to the heat he feels every time he lays eyes on Claudia. But he can't have her - it's against paranormal law for a vampire to date a human. Besides, he has some dangerous enemies, and one in particular already has her sights on Claudia. He owes her the truth - both about his feelings and his vampire nature - which means their lives are about to get hotter than ever....
I think the whole series was bad but the ending to this book sealed the deal. I am so glad I didn't pay for this book because I would have asked for a refund. I listened through the romance package. Don't waste your time or money.
I love humorous and lighthearted supernatural romance, and I know you have to accept a certain suspension of disbelief to enjoy it, but this was just stupid.
• Overused cliches and tropes, ridiculous female antogonist
• Accents/voices are skewed, ex. Drunk female soundes mentally handicapped, 2) Main Character sounds like she has a head cold
• Romance beyond rushed, actually had to check if I'd skipped a chapter
• When the supernatural creatures and gods are the most believable aspect of a story its sad. The behavior and choices by characters are asinine. What guy actually WANTS a psycho stalker chick just because she "proved she understands loyalty" by being a possessive stalker.
• Laughable dialogue, and not in good way "another kind of grand opening I'd like to get to tonight." "Sure it wasn't honeymoon cystitis?" "Don't bother eating him, you'll just be hungry again in an hour."-regarding draining a Chinese teenager
• Ridiculously over complicated and contrived ending. The clause was completely unnecessary and idiotic. It was drama for the sake of drama rather than story.
The "climax" really wasn't, it built up then fizzled out and skipped to the wrap up.
Terrible writing. terrible narration. The narrators normal voice was fine but when she tried to do different voices for the main characters it was sooooo bad I couldnt even get more than 30minutes into it. Do not waste your money on this. The writing was so badly done I have no idea how it got published.
love d it..nice story. great characters..kept me engrossed totally..I would like a sequel but think it's a single read..