Self-improvement is always a commendable course of action and one of the best things that a person can do to improve themselves is to look into books and websites with advice on helping people to become even better versions of themselves. Self-help tips can be just the impetus that a person might need to:
- Start upon the path of recovery from depression.
- Better cope with the grieving period that follows from losing a loved one.
- Improve one's performance in some sort of sport or athletic endeavor; not all self-help advice needs to necessarily be of a healing nature.
- Improve upon social skills in order to become friendlier with people and/or find a potential spouse.
- Overcome anxiety and learn to just enjoy life as it comes.
Ultimately, even the best self-help book in the world is only going to be as effective on its readers as the readers invest into that book. To benefit from a self-help book, the reader actually has to be interested in fixing or improving the state of their life; disinterest in the improvement offered, yet still listening to the book amounts to nothing more than listening to kill time.