Most everyone knows something about the horrific events of World War II. In particular, Nazi Germany's role in the war was one of magnified terror, with Adolf Hitler at the epicenter. We are familiar with his hatred of the Jewish people and his need for control and power. We are also aware of his manipulative prowess, enabled by his charismatic disposition and Germany's need for a great leader. There was a man, however, who saw through Hitler's facade almost immediately, warning the people of Germany that this man should not be trusted, even if he was charming and well-spoken. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, a brilliant theologian, pastor, writer, and peace activist, is perhaps most well-known for challenging the Nazi movement, and particularly, Hitler himself.
Here is a preview of what you'll learn:
- The Bonhoeffer family background
- Why Dietrich was one of the few Germans who did not trust Hitler or the Nazi Party
- How Dietrich Bonhoeffer became a double secret agent
- Dietrich Bonhoeffer's personal trials and tribulations
- How Dietrich Bonhoeffer held his faith and did not talk during brutal interrogations
- Dietrich Bonhoeffer quotes
What members say
- Heidi Tompkins
this was awful. Do not buy.
This is awful. Do not spend your money. It is like having a robot read to you.
2 of 2 people found this review helpful