Listen free for 30 days
Add to basket failed.
Add to wishlist failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Listen with a free trial
Buy Now for £16.99
An eclectic collection of many of the spookiest classic tales of horror, including Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's "The New Catacomb"; Edgar Allan Poe's "Masque of the Red Death", "Hop-Frog", and "The Cask of Amontillado"; W. W. Jacobs's "The Monkey's Paw"; Charlotte Perkins Gilman's "The Yellow Wallpaper"; and Algernon Backwood's "The Willows".
What listeners say about Classic Horror Stories to Chill Your BonesAverage customer ratings
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
- Ms. E. Morgan
A mixed bag, some very good, some just ok
1) The New Catacomb - by Arthur Conan Doyle: read by Simon Vance (excellent)
2) The Mask/Masque of the Red Death by Edgar Allan Poe read by Patrick Girard Lawlor (classic)
3) The Monkey's Paw by W. W. Jacobs (real around the campfire story)
4) The Yellow Wallpaper by Charlotte Perkins Gilman read by Coleen Delaney (psychological horror)
5) Hop-frog by Edgar Allan Poe read by Patrick Girard Lawlor (nasty)
6) The Cask of Amontillado by Edgar Allan Poe read by Grover Gardner (superb)
7) The Willows by Algernon Blackwood (atmospheric, disturbing)
these stories were so boring. the narration was generally well done. The stories just put me to sleep.