Canning & Preserving at Home: A Complete Guide to Canning, Preserving and Storing Your Produce is for anyone who wants to know how to store their own fresh produce for long term use.
Whether you want to make jam, pickles, soups or chutneys or freeze or can fresh fruits and vegetables, you will find everything you need to know in this book. Canning and preserving can feel like a bit of a minefield.
Many people think of homesteaders and older folk canning away in their kitchen, but increasingly younger people and urban gardeners are interested in preserving the produce they have grown or even making their own healthy preserves from fresh fruit and vegetables bought from the supermarket.
This book guides you through the complete process of preserving fresh produce from start to finish. You will learn everything for methods such as freezing, canning, dehydrating, pickling, jamming, making fruit leathers and cordials and more. This complete guide turns you into an expert preserver!
In Canning & Preserving at Home, you will discover all of this, plus plenty of recipes and ideas for the kitchen:
- Methods for storing fresh fruits and vegetables correctly to maximize their shelf life
- How to freeze fruits and vegetables and how to double their storage life
- Canning fruits and vegetables
- Drying fruits and vegetables
- Pickling a wide variety of fruits and vegetables
- Making delicious jams and jellies
- Making your own chutneys - delicious with meat and cheese
- Preserving vegetables by making delicious, filling home-made soups
- Fruit leathers, cheeses, butters and curds - delicious ways to preserve a wide variety of fruits
- Ketchups, sauces, cordials and more
Canning & Preserving is the ideal book for anyone interested in learning how to make their own jams, jellies, chutneys and more. Full of recipes and practical advice, this is your go to guide for preserving fruits and vegetables.