Mark Kermode - the UK's pre-eminent film critic and cultural observer - delivers opinion, analysis and his trademark rants on all things cinematic. Presented with intelligence, humour and unrivalled depths of knowledge, Mark delivers a series of high profile interviews, compelling lists and must listen to reviews from the movieverse.
The Kermode On Film cinema presents a rich and varied bill of cinematic entertainment:
Settle down with your popcorn... and welcome to Kermode On Film.
As an Audio Show - free for members - when you add Kermode on Film to your library, you'll get all 15 episodes.
Setup of this indicates that it will be an ongoing series, but there has been nothing new since Feb 2018.
5 of 5 people found this review helpful
These are excellent - and the set up of the various programmes suggests many more to come. Yes please!
3 of 3 people found this review helpful
As a long term listener of the Kermode and Mayo Five live 'Wittertainment' radio show, I was looking for a shorter, sharper fix of the Doctor's critical wisdom. He is funny, wise and an insightful commentator. Here we get a range of show formats:
* 'Listomania;' as it sounds, an exploration of various movie themed lists, including for example John Hurt's best films, Jesus films, etc.
* One on one interviews with e.g. Barry Jenkins, Duncan Jones
* Hell's Video Store (my favourite): really humdingers of rotten tomatoes
* 2001 films you must see before you die: as it sounds
* And some shows that were recorded live at the BFI, with various guests.
It's a good mix of formats, which keeps things fresh. They are bite size, 25 minutes in length, more digestible perhaps than the epic 2 hour Five live shows, and more focussed on movies.
But at 15 shows this is a short run, these formats could run for much longer. How else are those 2001 films going to be covered? So, hoping we'll get more.