Listen free for 30 days
Add to basket failed.
Add to wishlist failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Listen with a free trial
Buy Now for £19.69
What enables great corporate leaders to detect signals that their industry, or perhaps the entire world, is about to change? How are they able to place their companies in a position to capitalize on that change? And how can you become one of those extraordinary people? It boils down to one word - vision. Leaders who lacked it have often guided their companies to obsolescence and failure. The rare leaders who cultivated a strong vision have disrupted industries, created new ones, and remade the world. For example, you may never have heard of Ingvar Kamprad, but his vision of design furniture that should not just be accessible to the "happy few" led to the global success of Ikea. John F. Kennedy's 1961 vision that America could put a man on the moon "by the end of the decade" led to just that - as well as new products ranging from LED lights to artificial limbs. The recent economic boom in Dubai has occurred thanks to a sheikh who realized the region's oil supply would eventually run out. So he developed a vision for today's Dubai, a modern city that focuses on service industries as different as high finance and high-end tourism. Fortunately, visionary leadership is never an accident of birth.
This audiobook will teach you the practices that can make you a successful visionary, such as:
- How to grow your ability to detect change early
- How to connect the dots among emerging trends to develop a coherent and robust vision
- Ways to create scenarios that help you design interruptive strategies, products, and services that are game changers
- Practical ideas and exercises you can incorporate into your daily routine to nurture your visionary side
- How to speak like a visionary leader, present your ideas more colorfully, and ignite your followers emotionally so they'll put their best efforts into a commonly shared cause
More from the same
What listeners say about AnticipateAverage customer ratings
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
- Andrey Boytsov
Some good ideas but overall failed to inspire me.
Some very useful concepts described, though few obvious ones. I'd probably prefer it as text.