Listen free for 30 days
Add to basket failed.
Add to wishlist failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Listen with a free trial
Buy Now for £18.29
The inspiring memoir of female entrepreneur Judy Piatkus, who acquired the book series that inspired the global number one Netflix hit, Bridgerton.
In 1979, Judy Piatkus founded what would become a global publishing brand - Piatkus Books - from her spare bedroom. Determined to empower women s voices as a single mother with a child with learning disabilities at a time when being a self-made, female entrepreneur was rare, Judy defied expectations. Through her determination, Judy influenced, shaped, and gave rise to the cultural and professional perception of personal growth and mind, body spirit publishing.
In a year where many turned to books to provide comfort, Judy's memoir is a fantastic insight into building a company and brand identity, and what enables a team and a business to succeed.
This empowering memoir includes:
- Unique story of a female entrepreneur who, from the 1970s to the 2000s, built a global publishing brand while looking after a family, including a child with severe learning disabilities.
- How Judy discovered best-selling authors such as Nora Roberts, Julia Quinn (author of The Bridgerton series, whose first book, The Duke & I is a number one global Netflix hit), Danielle Steel, Jon Kabat-Zinn, David Allen, and Dr. Christiane Northrup.
- The discussion of Judy's pioneering values-led management style (e.g. flexi-working and transparent communication) is very timely given the changes resulting from lockdown.
- In-depth insights into how to build a publishing company and grow a brand, and what enables a book to succeed.
- How Judy's can-do attitude will inspire those struggling today in a very difficult job market.
- A foreword by Anna Sofat, Voice of Women's Wealth, Founder and CEO Addidi Wealth and Associate Director, Progeny Wealth