Aesop's Fables are stories based on analogies and caricatures featuring mostly animals. These stories got the collective name Aesop’s Fables from the person who collected the stories. Aesop, popularly believed to have been a Phrygian slave, collected his fables sometime around the sixth century BC. Whatever his real story may be, the fables he collected feature valuable lessons.
This audiobook contains 25 famous fables, namely:
- "The Lion and the Mouse"
- "The Town Mouse and the County Mouse"
- "The Wolf in Sheep's Clothing"
- "The Woodman and the Serpent"
- "The Wolf and the Crane"
- "The One-Eyed Doe"
- "The Ox and the Frog"
- "The Peacock and Juno"
- "The Goose That Laid the Golden Eggs"
- "The Bear and the Bees"
- "Two Men and the Bear"
- "The Rooster and the Jewel"
- "The North Wind and the Sun"
- "The Spendthrift and the Swallow"
- "The Slave and the Lion"
- "The Fir Tree and the Bramble"
- "Lion Chosen as King"
- "The Lark and Her Young Ones"
- "The Eagle and the Fox"
- "The Horse and the Donkey"
- "The Rat, the Frog and the Squirrel"
- "The Cats and the Cheese"
- "Search for a King of All the Birds"
- "The Donkey and the Salt"
- "The Rat and the Elephant"
In addition to 25 fables you’ll get a three bonus fables from another audiobook.
We are giving away “The Dog, the Rooster, and the Fox”, “The Wolf and the Baby Goat”, and “The Bundle of Sticks” from Aesop’s Fables Volume 2.
This audiobook is part of a series of classic fairy tales. Don't forget to check the other volumes of this series. I’m sure you’ll enjoy this.
More from the same
What listeners say about Aesop's Fables Vol. 1: 25 Short Stories for Kids
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
- Stephens Logan
Classic Fairy Tales around the world
Woooow... My kid love this. So much better than cartoons and movies. Professional voice and sound effects makes it perfect. Highly recommend for kids b/w 4-7. Not bad for elders too :)
1 person found this helpful
- steven doyle
Wonderful for children of any age
My son loved this book. He is 8 years old and loved to listen along to classic fairy tales, some which he already knew and others which he was discovering for the first time. I have to admit that I stopped my work to listen too. A great book for bedtimes, road trips, or rainy days.