Listen free for 30 days
Add to basket failed.
Add to wishlist failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Listen with a free trial
Buy Now for £6.39
101 Italian Phrases You Won't Learn in School: The Key to Sounding Like a Native Speaker: Idioms & Popular Phrases You Don't Learn from Textbooks Rapidly Increase Your Vocabulary (Beginner-Fluent)
So, you've learned the basics in Italian class. You know how to say, “Come stai?” or “Dov'è il bagno?” or “Quanti anni hai?”. But how do you take it to the next level?
Discover one of the most important yet often one of the most overlooked aspects of a language: idioms and popular phrases in common use. Think about how in English so much of what we say is full of expressions and figures of speech and idioms.
We say things like “dime a dozen”, “beat around the bush”, “cutting corners”, “speak of the devil”, etc. Plus, there is so much slang and so many phrases in popular use especially with young people: “To have a crush on someone”, “I'm all set”, “I'm down for that”, etc. Plus, there are so many slang words we use that have other meanings in popular use like: “cool”, “sick”, or “lame”, etc. This is the same, if not even more common, in the Italian language.
If you want to be able to understand people and speak comfortably, you will find it almost impossible without a healthy knowledge of popular idioms, words, and phrases used by native Italian speakers.
This book will teach you 101 of the most popular Italian idioms and phrases that take you far beyond the basics you may have learned in school.
You will learn:
- The English and Italian version of the idiom or phrase
- The explanation of how to use this idiom or phrase in common speech and when is an appropriate time to use it
- Examples of casual dialogue in both Italian and English to show you the context of how this phrase is used
- You can practice repeating each phrase to help commit it to memory and work through the pronunciation
Unlock an entire new level of ability and gain the street-knowledge and confidence to have real conversations in Italian.
More from the same
- Beyond the Basics: 200 Essential Intermediate Spanish Phrases for Fluent Conversation: Phrases, Figures of Speech, & Idioms to Help Increase Your Comprehension. With Dialogues & Practice Sections
- The Big Book of Spanish Phrases: Over 300 Essentials Phrases
- 101 French Phrases You Won't Learn in School
What listeners say about 101 Italian Phrases You Won't Learn in SchoolAverage customer ratings
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
- Anonymous User
Publishers reviews are very suspicious.
Don't trust the reviews. All of this publishers audiobooks have roughly the same amount of reviews, all 5 stars, from the same people, using cut and paste text, who have rated all their books 5 stars. Obviously paid reviews.
- N A J L
The editing was poor with points where the order of phases went back to an earlier phrase and then later jumped forward missing about 14; so not all 101 phases were presented. Also it was a pity there was not an accompanying pdf with this title. Hopefully, these problems will be corrected in the future as it is a very good concept.