- helpful votes
Redemption at Hacksaw Ridge
- The Gripping True Story That Inspired the Movie
- By: Booton Herndon, Les Spear - prologue, Max Cleveland - foreword
- Narrated by: Chris George
- Length: 4 hrs and 38 mins
The men of the 77th Infantry Division couldn't fathom why Private Desmond T. Doss would venture into the horrors of World War II without a single weapon to defend himself. "You're nothing but a coward!" they said. But the soft-spoken medic insisted that his mission was to heal, not kill. When Desmond knelt by his bunk to pray, his fellow soldiers hurled boots and insults at him. Even his commander wanted to throw him out of the army. But when his unit arrived on the battlefield, the intrepid medic quickly proved he was no coward.
Never got to enjoy this story.
- By mary rennie on 29-03-18
Stilted performance and a little too much Christian propaganda for me. Was relieved when I finally got to the end.