This book is terrible, I now realise that one of the reasons that publishers exists is to stop nonsense like this from ever reaching an audience. Ther..Show More »e are so many poor aspects to this story but I will list a few:
1. The science is rubbish. I know it's science fiction but many of the things in this book are just plan wrong from a scientific point of view. Science fiction writers take the science that exists and project it into the future. This "author" gets most of today's science wrong which just spoils any attempt to project further. From that point everything he writes is just stupid.
2. Why don't we just re-write history in the most stupid way ever?
3. A convoluted plot is not necessarily a clever plot, particularly when the "author" lacks the talent to erm ... WRITE!
4. Some people just aren't meant to be writers. I never thought that this was true till I tortured myself by sitting through this rubbish. Despite the massive volume of work here the writer never seems to get better. The writing style remains poor, annoying, and uninteresting. I went to his website and at the time of this review the "author" is 38 years old and has been writing since he was 6. I think its time he stopped or at least kept his nonsense to himself.
5. What on earth the point of this story anyway? There is more hole than plot in this abject excuse of a story.
6. You don't need to be a scientist to write science fiction, but it helps if you can read and comprehend scientific theory better than a 3 year old.
7. Why are the Egyptian gods white?
8. The writer's tone is annoying, his characters are annoying, the plot is annoying such as it is ... there appears to be nothing worth reading in this story. I can't even use the book as toilet paper or pulp and recycle it since it is an audiobook.
9. I am not a twilight fan, I've never read the books, but I can bet the writer of the twilight saga would wipe the floor with this poor excuse for a writer. You have to have some kind of standard to be a popular author. Fox has none and has the cheek to lambast his betters in this indefensible excuse for a story.
10. Did this guy ever study past primary school? I really can't tell.
11. Why did Audible think it was a good idea to pedal this nonsense to us?