Having a good relationship with money is tough - whether you have millions in the bank or just a few bucks to your name. Why? Because just like any other relationship, your life with money has its ups and downs, its twists and turns, its breakups and makeups. And just like other relationships, living happily with money really comes down to love - which is why love is the basis of money maven Kate Northrup's book.
After taking the Money Love Quiz to see where on the spectrum your relationship with money stands - somewhere between "on the outs" and "it's true love!" - Northrup takes you on a rollicking ride to a better understanding of yourself and your money. Step-by-step exercises that address both the emotional and practical aspects of your financial life help you figure out your personal perceptions of money and wealth and how to change them for the better. You'll learn about thought patterns that may be holding you back from earning what you're worth or saving what you can. You'll learn how to chart your current financial life and create a plan to get you to where you want to be - whether that's earning enough to live in a penthouse in Manhattan or a cabin in the Rockies.
Using client stories and her own saga of moving from $20,000 of debt to complete financial freedom by the age of 28, Northrup acts as a guide in your quest for personal financial freedom. She'll teach you how to shift your beliefs about money, create a budget, spend in line with your values, get out of debt, and so much more. In short, she'll teach you to love your money, so you can love your life.
©2013 Hay House (P)2016 Freedom Family, LLC
Thank you Kate for this great piece of work, it was so nice to hear your voice on the move and soak up your wisdom in an area I so need!
This was the most refreshing book on finances!! I enjoyed every chapter and for the first time ever I'm looking forward to opening my bank statements and being on top of my finances. I loved the 'money for me' account idea and all the other tips you gave and will be listening to your book a second time to go through your recommendations one by one and for the first time, implement them into my life as I really now see that money is value.
No more burying my head in the sand which is what I've currently been doing.
You've also re-enforced just how powerful network marketing is as a business model.
Not mentioned in the books description, this book is clearly written for women just starting out in life. That being said, it is also poorly written.
1. There are so many much better personal finance books out there. She even mentions one, "I Will Teach You to Be Rich" by Ramirez Sethi.
2. All the gender usages and examples are for women. The language and expressions come off as a late 20's something giving advice to an early 20's something's. Even if some of the advice is good, I find it difficult to take advice from someone who is trying to present themselves as one of the popular kids as opposed to a professional. That being said, I have a daughter in college. If it was well written, I would recommend it to her, but is is not well written.
3. Talking about an abnormal pap smear in detail does not belong in any book about finance.
4. Lots of digression. She has a real difficult time staying on topic.
5. I can only guess that this book was only published because her mother is a Oprah Book Club best seller (as mentioned multiple times). There is no way it could have been published on its own merits.
6. Way too many plugs for websites and other products. You should never have to pay to listen to an advertisement.
I am a finance book junky, probably because I make some mistakes when I was in my 20's and reading and listening to them helps keep me focused on what is important to me. Trust me, there are much better books out there.
If you want some sound financial advice, don't waist your money here.
Wow. So amazing. Literally listening to it again to redo some of the exercises. So powerful!
"No love story here"
Made myself listen to the end, thinking this had to get better. Unfortunately, it did not.
"Absolutely delicious and inspiring"
I really loved this recording! So deliciously clear , comforting, awakening and relatable. I didn't have the same upbringing as the author but I found her advice and questions she has us ask as a reader, straight and to the point but also very intuitive.
I will be listening over and over and working through it till victory.
Can't say enough about this book!! Absolutely LOVE it!!
Now on my second time listening to it and to put it into practice!! :)
I'm super excited to share it with everyone around me!! <3
very Good Stories To relate with ours I liked this book very much,very honest author.
"Conversations with your BFF about money"
Listening to Kate is like having that scary conversation with your BFF about how to be financially free. Kate shares her personal story along with updates about her life from when she originally wrote the book. I struggled to finish reading the text but the audio was exilerating!
Report Inappropriate Content
If you find this review inappropriate and think it should be removed from our site, let us know. This report will be reviewed by Audible and we will take appropriate action.